Sunday, October 30, 2011
Oatmeal Spice Cookies
On fall day we made a Laura staple fall cookie, the Oatmeal Spice Cookie. I got this recipe from my friend Amber, who is getting married next weekend and I am so excited for her! We discovered these cookies a few years ago and now I make them every fall because they taste just like fall. What does fall taste like you may ask... well for me it tastes like spices!
There is nothing like all spice, cloves and cinnamon to ring in my favorite time of year. Plus when they are baking your whole house smells of fall. For real these cookies are a Top 10. They are a soft, chewy oatmeal cookie with a strong taste of spice. I like to make them throughout the winter season as well, especially when paired with my favorite cinnamon ice cream! Enjoy your fall baking!
Oatmeal Spice Cookie
(36+ cookies)
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp all spice
2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients and slowly add the mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in oats. Let the dough stand at room temperature for 2 hours (although I sometimes just bake immediately or after 15 minutes. I believe they want you to let it sit to let the flavors meld together). Bake on silpat for 10 minutes. Cool on cooling racks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment