This is one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes. It makes me think of my childhood and my Grandpa Huissen. He loved these cookies and every birthday my mom would make them for him. So now whenever I make these cookies I think of him and his constant games of “don’t you leave me” and lovingly calling us “dicka muis.” He died over five years ago and I look back on those fond memories with a smile. On my recipe card I call these cookies “Grandpa’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies,” he liked them that much.
It was one of my co-workers birthdays and I needed to bring a tried and true recipe so I turned to this old favorite. I don’t often make these cookies because they have Crisco in them, which has trans-fat, which can cause heart disease among other maladies (Adam speaking). But sometimes trans-fat just tastes too good and in small amounts it’s not the end of the world. These cookies are super yummy and super easy. They are the softest cookies out there and when they are warm with a glass of milk they are close to perfection. If you have a better chocolate chip cookie recipe let me know… but for now, this remains my favorite.
¾ cup Butter flavored Crisco
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cup flour
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips (or about 2 cups if you are using the Costco bag)
Cream Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla together in a bowl. Blend in the egg. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add gradually to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips at the end. Be warned, this dough is good and you will want to eat it all!
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 min. Let cool on a cooling rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment