As you all already know my downfall is chocolate and peanut
butter. Last week was rough and I almost
needed an entire jar of peanut butter and bag of chocolate chips to help me get
through. Hey, I never claimed to be
perfect. Anyway, I thought it was about time to share one of my new favorite peanut
butter and chocolate recipes. I found
this gem on Joy the Baker’s blog. I have made these cupcakes a couple times now
and all I can say is these cupcakes are incredible!
Anything that tastes this good isn’t going to be good for
you, but I love these cupcakes. I dream
about these cupcakes. I love the moist
chocolate cupcake. I love the creamy
peanut buttery frosting. I love that you
can use a piping bag to make the frosting look cute, or if you don’t feel like
using a piping bag you can crumble peanut butter cups on top. I love how the cupcake has the perfect
mixture of peanut butter and chocolate. I
love how they look. I love how they
taste. I love these cupcakes. Now it’s time for you to bake them so you can
love them too!
Chocolate Peanut
Butter Cupcakes
(makes 24 cupcakes)
Chocolate Cupcakes:
2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsps baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tsps white vinegar
2 cups cold water
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3-4 cups powdered sugar (depending on consistency and taste)
1 tbsp milk (can substitute with water)
Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pans with paper liners. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, cocoa
powder, baking soda and salt. In a
different bowl whisk together the vanilla, oil, vinegar and water. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry
ingredients making sure not to over mix.
Pour the batter into the liners until they are 2/3 full. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick
comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10
minutes and then place on a wire rack until completely cool.
While the cupcakes are cool with a mixer mix the butter and
peanut butter until no lumps remain. Add
3 cups of sugar and beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add milk and beat on medium high for 1
minute. Continue to add powdered sugar
until the icing is the consistency and taste that you want. I like my frosting less sweet so I stuck with
3 cups. If using a piping bag frost with
either the Wilton
2D or 1M tip. If you don’t want to use a
piping bag load on the frosting and top with crumbled up peanut butter
cups. I’ve done it both ways and I can’t
decide which I like best!
No comments:
Post a Comment