I love baking at Christmas time. There is something about baking while listening to Amy Grant and Julie Andrews Christmas music and singing to you hearts content. Since study week is upon us and Adam is locked in the guest bedroom, I declared the weekend Christmas baking weekend. Adam’s parents had a Christmas party they were going to and I offered to bake my two favorite Christmas cookies: Mint chocolate chip cookies (which was my first post on the blog) and Gingersnaps.
Everything about Gingersnaps makes me think of Christmas. The way they smell. The way they taste. The way they make you want to turn your Christmas tree lights on and curl up with a cup of tea and a good book. Plus these Gingersnaps are the perfect mix of softness and spice. I even ground my own cinnamon to make the flavors extra fresh! What I really like about these Gingersnaps is that they are rolled in cinnamon and sugar to make sure each bite is filled with heavenly goodness. Throw on “It’s a Wonderful Life” and enjoy, because there’s only 2 more weeks 'til Christmas!
Gingersnaps
(3 dozen cookies)
2 cups sifted flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
¼ cut dark molasses
1/3 cup cinnamon and sugar mixed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift the flour with the ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and molasses. Then slowly, in thirds, add the flour to the butter mixture and mix until well blended.
Roll the dough into small balls (1inch) and roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture before placing on the cookie sheet. Bake until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoyed best with a nice warm cup of tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment