Peanut Butter and Chocolate… is there really any better combination? Just the thought gets my mouth watering. For Christmas my mom got me a full size bag of Peanut Butter M & M’s which I put in my desk drawer thinking they would at least last me a week. Nope… they were gone within a day. I also must mention if you ever are without dessert, just get a spoonful of peanut butter and add some chocolate chips; it is almost as good as a Reeses! Yes, this is the level I go when a craving develops.
I am a true lover of all thing Peanut Butter and Chocolate, so when my Aunt Chris sent me the link to a blog with a recipe called “Magic in the Middle” I immediately started drooling. This recipe is a chocolate cookie with a hidden peanut butter middle. I had these cookies at bakeries before, but never tried baking one on my own.
Also, make note that the cookies need to be pressed down with a glass. I was in a rush and threw them in the oven, forgetting to press them down. Let’s just say I ended up with a Peanut Butter Ball instead of a cookie!
Magic in the Middle Cookies:
(3 dozen cookies)
Chocolate Cookie Dough:
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
Peanut Butter Filling:
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
¾ cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat together sugars, butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and the egg beating until completely combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix in dry ingredients to wet, blending until fully incorporated.
To make the filling, stir together peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. I used my hands to fully incorporate. Roll the peanut butter into one-inch balls (or bigger).
Using a tablespoon, form the chocolate dough into balls and make a hole in the center with your finger. Place the peanut butter balls into the indentation and bring the chocolate dough up and over the filling, pressing the chocolate dough closed around the peanut butter so the P.B. is now hidden! Then roll the ball in the palm of your hand to round it out. Taking a glass flatten each cookie until it is about ½ inch thick.
Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and then cool on a rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment